Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas

Christmas has come and gone by most standards...but as much as I want to take down our tree and get the house cleaned up and back to normal...I love to sit, when everyone is asleep, and enjoy a hot mug of tea and look at the tree with the lights on. Of course the tranquility only lasts so long...until someone calls from a bedroom, or something calls from the dryer but I do love the moments that I get to savor the season and the beauty of it!!!

But looking forward...it's on to Valentines Day and that is another holiday I enjoy...

We enjoyed lots of family time this Christmas. We finally added more females to our family. Although in the form of little furry creatures...hamsters. Their names are Venus and Serena (after the tennis pros) and it was what Mitchell asked for..in fact it was his only request. The tree fort from Grandma and Grandpa is exciting and they are anticipating the day it will be finished. All in all it was a great holiday and I am just so thankful for everything that the Lord has blessed me with...those things tangible and intangible. We look forward to 2009 and pray for a safe and healthy year for all of our friends and family. Until next time...

2 comments:

Jill said...

so where are the 2 new additions?:) we are all anxious to see the new girls!

4funnyboys said...

It is actually on my "to do" list this week. But the girls bite!!!!