Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Scott!

Today, Scott and I celebrated our birthdays. We have done this our whole lives because they are only five days apart. This year it was different for me because of how I see my brother. In the past year my brother has exhibited more love, and strength and kindness in the walk he walks than I ever thought possible. Many times as I have viewed his life from the outside I have been angry for him, or sad for him, or at times maybe even doubting. But through it all he has shown a quiet strength that could only be given by the Lord. For this I am so thankful. I have learned so much from my brother this year. Now granted, I am really seeing these things by God's grace; however, he has used my brother to show me a true picture of what love is even in some of the most difficult times. So Happy Birthday Scott and thanks for being a wonderful example to your older sis.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a neat post. It's really cool to see how your brother's walk through hardship has influenced his family. I am constantly amazed by the woman of God my sister has become despite many hardships when she was young. Isn't it awesome to have so much respect for a sibling?! Thank you for sharing!