Sunday, May 24, 2009

An amazing experience

This weekend the boys had an amazing opportunity to honor those that have given their lives for our freedom. The Scouts met at the Veterans Memorial and placed flags on all of the graves for Memorial Day weekend. I have always wanted to take my kids to see this.. so it was really cool that they were able to be a part of the process. I was out of town during this event but just had chills looking at the photos and video footage John took. IT is amazing to look at the number of flags out their and to equate that to people and families....I am truly grateful for the men who died for our freedom...words can never say enough!

1 comment:

Tina said...

When I saw the photo of the flags, I couldn't help but pause. Thought provoking at the very least. What a wonderful part of scouts, encouraging young men to honor those who died for our freedom is amazing...nicely done, boys.