Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Making men who can cook

Cooking is one of my hobbies. I love to cook and bake. I love to try new things out on my family. This does not excite them all of the time. Every morning they will ask me what is on the menu for the night. I feel sometimes they are trying to mentally prepare themselves for what is to come. Sometimes they breathe a sigh of relief when I say something like "tacos". So as I love cooking I want my children to experience it as well. Obviously this experience may help them in the future. All this leads up to the point that they will each cook with LITTLE assistance from mom one night of the week for the summer. They seem pretty excited with the freedom of choice. We have one rule in that they can not cook the same thing twice. Devin kicked us off with a beef and broccoli stirfry that we all agreed was really good. So far success!! (I forgot...the other rule is everything is made from scratch..no box help!) I will update on the menus chosen by my "Little Chefs" later on this summer. Until next time!

No comments: