Wednesday, August 12, 2009

How to keep a very active three year old busy...

As we gear up for another school year a major concern for me has been Nicholas. He is by far my busiest boy ever. He is also the most detailed to date. That being said, I have been scouring the internet of all these crafty preschool moms gathering ideas of things to do with my sweet baby!! So this week was his first week of more structured activities. He loved painting with a combination of glue and koolaid mixed together...The koolaid was unsweetened but smelled great. One lick and he determined it smelled great but tasted disgusting as he so eloquently put it. We also worked on some hand/eye coordination by placing spaghetti into a water bottle...he enjoyed that for about 20 minutes and then decided that listening to the dog crunch on uncooked spaghetti was more entertaining....so it has been a good week if one, being me, can get beyond the glitter EVERYWHERE, the glue I find hardened in the oddest places, stickers that seem to have legs and traveled beyond the paper, and just the neverending creative chaos. But in the end I don't mind it...I love watching him experiment and grow...and this is my last go around with a three year old so I will put the mess aside and enjoy every moment!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Been reading up on Montessori teaching or directing. No, I am NOT turning Montessori but they have really GREAT preschool ideas. I checked about 3 books out at the library and they have great suggestions! Next time you are there check them out :)

Anonymous said...

Aw.. he sounds adorable

Sweet Blessings said...

Great job on the iron-man!!! Joci is hands-on too! She'll be 2 on Monday. Glad to hear you're having a sweet time wit your boys:) Blessings!