Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tampa Theatre

Today, we went to the Tampa Theatre. I thought it was an amazing tour. The history was great, the interior was so ornate and beautiful, and we were lucky to hear an amazing little concert on a pipe organ that rocked!! The kids and I have decided that we want to actually go back and see a production and sit up in the balcony of this beautiful venue. We could not see the pipes to the organ..they are all behind the walls..but the organist told us there is a pizza place that you can go to that has an amazing pipe organ and the pipes are visible lining the walls...so that is now at the top of our go to list. Maybe we will do a little unit on pipe organs to tie this all together!! Who knows!!! Anyway...great tour...great start to the year and so many great trips planned...I can hardly wait. I always kind of wonder if this journey of homeschooling will ever just feel like its coming to an end for me...and I must say ....each year just seems more enjoyable, exciting and intriguing to me as the kids get older. The discussions we can have after trips like today are amazing...I will probably be so sad when I run out of time one day!!!!!

No comments: