Monday, October 5, 2009

It's been a busy two weeks!

As I write this my thirteen year old editor is sitting on the back of my chair approving this post. He has taken an interest in all pictures, captions, and posts. I might call it teenage vanity. He wants to make sure there is nothing embarrassing posted. Well, obviously it started with my race which put me out of town a total of four days. When I returned John had the majority of the week off so we indulged in some family down time. Our family loves to play Scrabble. It is a great time to remind Devin and Mitchell who are the vocab big wigs of the house. Of course John and I go head to head every game...never know who will come out on top!! After some Scrabble face offs we decided to head out to Busch Gardens for a roller coaster ride-a-thon. It was a Thursday so nobody was there.We just coaster hopped for a few hours. No chickens in this family! Everybody rode everything they were tall enough to pass for. John and I experienced Sheikra for the first time. I loved it! John said it was fine! Devin went on it as many times as possible. Upon returning home from Busch Gardens John, Devin and Mitchell left the next morning for a weekend of camping with the scouts. They had a great time! They fished, hiked, swam, and canoed. They returned home tired and with a few ticks..which we promptly removed!! They all agreed they had a great time and can't wait to go on next months trip to St Augustine! Well, that's about all for this week..so until next time...

No comments: