Thursday, October 15, 2009

Our living room

Devin had to describe a room in our house today for his writing assignment. He had no help whatsoever. I thought he did a nice job with this assignment and it was kind of funny because I had never looked at this room in such a positive light...I always see chaos...so it gave me new perspective....here it is....

My living room is a very inviting place. The ivory bordered window emits a warm filtered ray of light that reflects off the polished hardwood floor. The coffee brown leather couch wrinkles with delight as I sink into its' cool arms. It's company, the tan, diamond rocker gently swings in rhythm. Across the room sits the ornate antique desk. Perched on its flat head is a monitor that flaunts a still, silvery screen. But the most warm and inviting aspect is the savory aroma of the Yankee Candle wafting from the counter. It bathes the room in a mouth-watering pumpkin spice. Every day, I long for the moment when I enter my decadent living room.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Wow! I would love for him to come and put in words one of my rooms. That would definitely lift my spirits!!!!

Tina said...

That was wonderful. I just used it as an example for me three kiddos. We've been talking about choosing the perfect word to express your thought and paint a picture in a person's mind. I could actually see your home in my mind as I read that. Devon, an excellent work, and pleasant to read. Thanks for sharing, Tracy.