Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Halloween 2011

Well Halloween has come and gone...and in my mind that is the kick off to the holiday season. My kids enjoy Halloween immensely because of the candy fest. Being a pretty health conscious family sweets are not the norm over here....and if we do have them somebody in this house created them. So, needless to say, Halloween is a treat. Being the mother of boys I kind of roll my eyes, to myself, when Halloween is approaching because it is always a matter of "what super hero are we going to be this year" BORING....10 years later! I always suggest historical figures BUT noone loves that idea. Needless to say, when Pac man and the ghosts were on "the table" as a possibility...I was thrilled and it had my vote!

We enjoyed an evening with grandparents and dear neighborhood friends (who have 5 boys)which is kind of a little tradition that we have and love. As John was getting ready for the evening he hauled out our big double stroller (don't even know how he dug that thing out) (mental note to self...call a hauling company...that could go) and I said to him "honey, we don't have any babies anymore to push around" but he thought we should bring it for overflow of candy, beverages, and any tired children. Anyway...another year of family tradition come and gone...but these are the moments and events I cherish and treasure!

No comments: