Friday, October 24, 2008

Dissection and Fun!!

Today, being Friday, we went to MOSI and took part in the dissection of a shark and squid. The shark was a group effort, the squid was an individual effort. It was very cool once you got past the smell!! Devin volunteered for the task of removing the liver from the shark. Preston did not get a task on the shark but he had NO PROBLEM cutting apart his squid and inspecting it. Devin has said in the past he may be interested in becoming a doctor someday...Preston may follow in his footsteps!....Mitchell (my Mr. tenderhearted observed the dissection but I am not sure he even touched either creature) probably least likely to go into a career that involves cutting things open. He loves animals. This evening Devin came running in to tell me that two stray dogs were messing with our dog Cesar. (Mitchell had him on a walk) As I ran outside, I see Mitchell coming down the sidewalk with Cesar in his arms and the two stray dogs walking next to Mitchell. (The stray dogs were not ferocious but Mitchell was all about protecting our dog!!) It was so sweet!!! Needless to say, it does not surprise me he did not cut up the sea life today!! I am as caught up as I am going to get...so until next week!!!

No comments: