Thursday, December 11, 2008

Daring Nicholas

First off I will say that Nicholas hardly ever has two feet on the ground. He is a fanatical climber!! That being said, a year ago almost to date, Nicholas was standing on a chair, took a dive face first into our wood floor and took a chunk out of his two front teeth. I have a vivid memory of this for a few different reasons...my dad and I then spent a couple of hours at the ER and ended up leaving unseen. (There was too many sick people arriving and we were beginning to fear that Nicholas would get the flu on top of it all) Nicholas was acting fine, drinking fluids and no longer bleeding. Instead I took him to the Dr at 7:30 the next morning for an overall checkup. That morning as we sat in the Drs office I was supposed to be running my first half marathon...which I missed.

Fast Forward a year....I am running the 1/2 marathon this Sunday...Nicholas fell off a chair Tuesday night and managed to take the rest of his tooth out. There is just a sliver left. I guess this will be his "look" for the next approximately 4 years. At least he has an adorable face to compensate for the awkward dental scenario we have going on. I guess it was selfishly better timing...I can still run the race on Sunday....So have a look at his less than toothy grin pictured below....We are just thankful this was the extent of the damage....until next time!!!

3 comments:

MamaG said...

you poor thing, he does stil look adorable though!

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

Oh poor little darling. He is still cute as a button.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! eek! how was the run, though! (and glad sweet little man is doing okay.)