Monday, December 15, 2008

Sunday

Well, Sunday was my first 1/2 marathon. (13.2 miles) The day started early..4:45AM. I was a little bit apprehensive because I had been sick all week and still had a bit of a cold. I decided to run it anyway. It was not my easiest run ever..oxegen getting to my lungs became an issue about mile 9. But..I finished had an OK time..but am already planning on running another 1/2 marathon March 1st to see how fast I can do it when I am not sick!!! When I finished the race I had 45 minutes to get the boys to a roller skating party. We skated 90% of the time. It was so fun to be on skates again and to see the boys try it for the first time. It took alot of bicep to keep Preston upright but he started to get the hang of it about 1/2 way through. Needless to say..my tired legs were very tired after the party!!! As with every choice we make there is a consequence...well, by Sunday night my cold was about 10 times worse than in the morning so I was in bed by 7:00. But Monday is a better day..We had lots of fun last week and the weekend was filled with a few "firsts"...so until next time....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

woohoo for you, supermom!!!

Sweet Blessings said...

You go girl! Sometime-we'll go running together-probably much later than sooner-but sometime:) Proud of you!