Sunday, March 22, 2009

Our Storm

Our family has been in the midst of a storm. At times it has been drizzling and then some times it seems to rain a little harder. All have seemed annoying or dreary but bearable. This week we were hoping for sunshine...but weather being unpredictable as life is.. This week was an all out thunderstorm for our family. The kind of storm where the sky turns pitch black and the winds begin to blow. A storm where standing seems difficult where you possibly think you can be blown over at any moment. And if you are blown over you would ask yourself, "Can I get back up?" I have asked myself several times this week, "Is the sun going to come back out" in more literal terms...Is God really here? Or maybe better said, "Where is he?? Just as I don't understand the weather, I do not understand God's plan for my family at this moment. But after feeling the wind blow and the rain trying to strip me of all I have believed to be true my whole life...I know some things to be true...God does have a plan and that he is bigger than the storms of life. I know that despite the winds that are threatening to blow us over or are making it impossible to stand..that we will grab on to the hand of the Lord through his Word and hang on for dear life...only through him can we fight and stand in this storm.. only through him can we see a light beneath those pitch black clouds. In closing, I happened to be listening to some Christian music and a Casting Crowns song which I have heard a million times was playing...but the words were so appropriate for the week we have walked through...I have removed the other happier songs from my blog for the week so that if nothing else when I look at my blog it will remind me. The sun is not shining and it is cloudy out but one thing I know for sure....the sun will return!! Until next time...

4 comments:

Tami said...

Psalm 61:2 From the end of the earth wil I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. - I will pray for whatever your heart is troubled with. I have this in my prayer journal. ...When you start to feel stressed, let those feelings alert you to your need for Me. Thus, your needs become doorways to deep dependence on Me and increasing intimacy between us. Do not resist or run from the difficulties in your life. These problems are not random mistakes; everything is sifted through MY hands. Nothing takes me by surprise, even though it surprises you. Trust ME, I love you and will carry you.

MamaG said...

That was a very moving piece, and expressed more emotion from you that I sometimes thought capable! I am sorry for what you and your family are going through right now and hope that at least once a day I will be able to either cast a smile on your face or at least take your mind off your troubles for even a moment! You're all in my thoughts-D

Unknown said...

Trace,
Thank you so much for your vulnerability. It gives us the unspeakable privelege to walk in your suffering alongside you just the tiniest bit... I will lift you to our Father all week. If you were here, I'd tackle you with the kind of big-squeeze hug that would make you shudder. Hang in there, sister - and please call if you need help AT ALL.
Our heavenly Father WILL NEVER leave you or forsake you - so do, keep praising Him in the storm and wait decidedly for the son to shine.

Sweet Blessings said...

How are you doing? I hear you! God's sovereignty is amazing but so much easier to claim then to walk through-I say that walking alongside of you. May a beautiful breeze bring a smile to your face as you walk in faith!