Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sharing my love of the track with the boys

Today my plan was to do a track workout which included mile and quarter mile repeats. So instead of taking this on solo at some crazy early time in the morning..I decided to have my boys come along this evening and partake in the fun. In all honesty, three out of the four boys actually like doing track workouts. Devin has proclaimed himself a "cross country" runner so he "doesn't do" track. So he sits and watches us. My kids impress me every time we do the track. Mitchell did 4 miles and fast. Preston ran 3 miles with an amazingly positive attitude and you would have thought Nicholas was at a party. The kid kept running and talking, running and talking. He even brought a stuffed bear out to run with him. He completed 6 laps or a mile and a half. At one point he laid down on the track and I thought he was done...but no...just a little break and then back at it again. I love doing track with my kids..my son keeps me humble, I get a good workout, and I get to share one of my passions with them. I think we are heading out there again on Friday!!

No comments: