Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Homeschool Convention

Well, May has come and gone...but one of my favorite weekends every year is the homeschool convention in Orlando. I have been to this convention the last 8 years. It is always refreshing from a schooling perspective, enlightning from a curriculum perpsective, and some of the speakers can only be described as inspirational. There are years when I really need my battery recharged and this weekend never fails to do just that. However, the time away and with good friends really is the highlight of the whole thing. After spending a couple of days looking through curriculum, listening to speakers, brainstorming about the plans for next year...my favorite part is sitting out by the pool, eating, drinking, talking and laughing with my girlfriends. We all have somewhere between two and four children and rarely can make time for uninterrupted conversation....needless to say..these couple of evenings are pricelss and I would not trade them for anything!

No comments: