Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Scouts

The boys went to scout camp in Georgia last week. New for this year is that Mitchell is now a scout so he was able to go. They had a fabulous time and of course are already looking forward to next year. They were able to take classes for archery, wilderness survival, badge specific and many others. The experiences they have are always exciting and many times new to them. The other great thing about scout camp is that it is time that John has to spend with the boys away from the craziness of our every day life. That is time I know the boys will look back on and treasure forever. As for me, I stayed home with the younger two for the week and learned how much the older boys really do help out around the house and with their younger brothers. It is definitely sweet time just having those little ones all to myself...however, it is also a lot of work. But I certainly treasured their innocence and affection they lavished on me that week. Scout camp week is special for everyone. Those that get to go experience so much...those of us that stay home cherish the time we have.

No comments: