Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It is here and in full swing

Well, triathlon season is here and probably mid way through. I am very excited about this as I love the hard training and long hours. I am thankful for the heat as the cold is not for me. I opened my season with a small Sprint an hour south of home. It was nice to dust off the cobwebs and race. I have not raced since last years big race other than two half marathons during the off season. I was anxious to put all of this training to work and see how I would do. Overall I was pleased with my race..received 4rth in my age group..6th overall the women...lost my age group by 40 seconds. In other words four of us came in within 40 seconds of each other three of us came in within one second of each other...second, third, and fourth came down to the hundredth of a second...so it was exciting...of course me being me wishes I had known..surely I could have made up that 40 seconds 10 times over in that race..well, hindsight is great!! My biggest accomplishment in that race though was my bike...I tied for first out of all the women competing in the sprint...it showed that alot of hard work always pays off..Moving forward..I am looking forward to two more sprints yet to come this season but the bigger goal and my eyes remain on the half ironman races to come later in the season. I am registered for three and have set some goals in my head for each one. I will visit the mountains of Washington State, the hills of Augusta Georgia, and the flats of Miami Florida. Each race is different but brings a seperate challenge. I am so excited and will be ready for whatever race day has to hand me. Until then I will train hard and love every minute of it!! The pics below are from Saint Anthony's this year...I did not do this race but it is on the agenda for next year!

No comments: