Thursday, November 27, 2008

Boy am I Thankful!

I think Thanksgiving is my official favorite holiday. As I get older, it is just such a great day for reflection. I am so Thankful for my Lord and Savior, I am so Thankful for my husband who is the love of my life, I am so thankful for my children who I just cherish every moment with, I am thankful for our extended family and the wonderful health we have been blessed with. I am also so Thankful for so many wonderful and close friends that make the path of life alot more fun and interesting. IT is nice to have a day to sit back and think all of these wonderful thoughts. OF course I am also so thankful to have a mother who is such a wonderful cook. The food is always amazing!!!

We had a great day today, beyond my reflections, with our WHOLE family. We started our day at church, then we went to mom and dad's for great food and fun. The kids made pilgrim hats out of lots of sugar (see slide show), we watched some football, and overall spent time together. We also topped it off with more sugar and made smores outdoors over the fire pit. The finale of the day was an impromptu sleepover at Grandma's for the 3 oldest boys. As for me, I am not a "day after holiday shopper" but I did go home and knock out quite a bit of Christmas shopping online.

I really hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I am so excited the "Holiday Season" has begun. It is such an uplifting time of year for us with so many fun activities. I hope that everyone also makes the most of their Holiday season! Well, I must go...my 1/2 marathon race is in two weeks and I must run early tomorrow morning. Until next time...

No comments: