Monday, November 3, 2008

Visiting the Hackney's on their boat

Last week we spent a delightful few hours down at the marina in Bradenton with our friends the Hackney's. They own a boat that their family lives on part of the time. I had really no idea what to expect, but fell in love with the tranquility of the water and sense of family I felt from being with them. It was neat to just kind of escape life for a few hours and visit with them. The kids had fun fishing, attempting to catch crabs, and learning all of the ways to climb on the boat. I always love spending time with my friend Tanya so I much enjoyed that as well. The kids and I agreed as we left the marina that it must be nice to be able to go down there for half of every week to get away!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

What a beautiful day! Seeing all those sea worthy boys, I can't help but think, "Sarah needs a sister!" (LUV the hand on the hip pix)