Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well today I welcomed in the beginning of the last year of my 30's. That is a very scary thought in my own head. And sure, I know to be thankful for every day I have, and I know to remember how blessed I am...but 39 still is kind of a scary number...in my own head of course!!

As I went through my day I tried to stop and capture things in my mind that really make me happy. These are some of the things I came up with:

1) God gave me a beautiful weather day. It was sunny and mild. I do not know if I could have asked for a prettier day on which to celebrate.

2) My children...They allowed me the luxury of an 8:00 sleep in. At 8:00 I had four extra warm bodies in my bed handing me cards and gifts and wishing me a Happy Birthday. What a way to wake up :) I looked at each of their faces and just thought about what a treasure they are to me..from my thirteen year olds newly acquired braces to the sweet soft skin of my three year old. And both boys in the middle.

3) My husband...We both had great intentions of an earlier wake up call but as the alarm went off we mutually opted for another hour of sleep. For the man I know so well that words are not necessary much of the time..For the man who gives so much to give me and the boys so much ...for him my gratitude is immeasurable.

4) For my friends..like my boys, they were kind enough to wait until 8:00 and then the phone started ringing, texts started talking.. all sending birthday wishes in song and conversation. I am so thankful for all of my wonderful friends that bring so much joy and laughter to my life. They are truly the sisters I never had.

5)My family...I would be nowhere without them. They are my cheerleaders, my stability and my sounding board. I could not imagine life without them.

I would say this is my team. This is what makes me who I am. These are the things that come to mind when I think of happiness. There are activities and many things that make me happy as well but these are my constants. As I close out Jan 28th...thank you thank you Lord for blessing me so richly! I could not ask for anything more.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Your comment about John made me cry. That is a beautiful description of the many hard working generous husbands I know. Very nice.