Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

As we ushered in 2010 last evening I glanced around at my family and was just so thankful for all that I have been given. We spent the evening playing games with grandparents and genuinely enjoying each others company. There may have been flashier ways to bring in the new year; however, I would have done it no other way. Spending time with my husband, children and parents is about as good as it gets. Time just keeps on passing by and I can never get those moments back...so what better way than to spend them than with those I love most.

Today, I went to Barnes and Noble to purchase a calendar as I had scraps of paper with appointments written on them. As the pile has been growing I decided to take charge and actually organize myself. The great thing that I learned as I opened my calendar is that most of this month and next month and the next are blank. I do not have a million things to write down. I get to choose how I am going to spend our time together each and every day. Our day is not dictated by commitments and obligations to anyone or anything. We made a decision to do this and I am so thankful that we did. There is nothing I would rather do than spend tons of time with our children. All this to say that it was so exciting and invigorating to look at that mostly blank calendar and wonder what things we will do in 2010 to create memories in our family that will last a lifetime...that will let us look back with no regret. So here is to a wonderful 2010....

1 comment:

Tami said...

Blank days are the best! Great Christmas card from you all. Hope all is well.