Monday, January 18, 2010

Snow

Preston has been studying the biography of Wilson Bentley. We have been reading Snowflake Bentley to go along with our study. We have learned things about snowflakes, photography, Vermont, perseverance to name a few. We have very much enjoyed this study and will be starting another piece of literature this week to learn something totally new. In conjunction to Preston's unit, I decided to do a little unit with Nicholas. So we also did "snow." We read many books having to do with snow but I put a photo of probably our favorite book of the week below.

Today, we made snowball cookies. The boys had a fun time making them but would NOT eat them... and they even had yummy sweet frosting underneath the layer of coconut. Nobody likes coconut in this house except for me apparently! I certainly do not need to eat a bunch of cookies...so I guess mister trash bin will enjoy them. Well, maybe the next edible art project will be more popular...or maybe it is great that my children will say no to sugar when they don't like something about them instead of just eating it anyway. No sugar addicts here I guess!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so cute! love LOVE the new header photo.