Monday, January 18, 2010

Tri season is here!!

Well, it is back to training again and I must say I am sooo excited. I never really quit but it has been an easier schedule since Augusta to say the least. I am excited about this season because my goals have changed from surviving and finishing to seeing how much I can improve in speed in 2010. I am looking to take on three half ironman races this year. The first is in Rhode Island. This race should be a bit hillier than last year's and the bigger challenge is that not only is it a hilly bike BUT also a hilly run. I have never done a hilly run in general nonetheless after 56 miles of hilly bike. But I wanted a challenge and it looks like I may get just that in Rhode Island. My second race is back to Augusta. This race is all about vindication for me. I hope to have no "issues" this year and a much improved time. I am excited at the opportunity to go back and redo this race. Lastly, I will head down to South Florida and visit Miami for my final 70.3 of the season. I have been recently informed by a few people that this race is ALWAYS windy...so that will be my challenge in Miami. On the flip side...people always say the swim is beautiful in Miami so I guess that maybe balances out the wind??...I don't think so!! A little mental toughness will be needed on that windy day in November. I also plan to do a handful of short tris also this season to work on short distance speed. So it looks to be an exciting and fun season with lots of hard work and training to put in. I will say that I love the training and am looking forward to shooting at the goals I have set for myself and to see how close I can come to them or maybe even exceed them...who knows!! Only time will tell!! Until next time

No comments: